New vaccine Introduction: Checklist for planning communication and advocacy (2017)URL: http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/disease-prevention/vaccines-and-immunization/publications/2017/new-vaccine-introduction-checklist-for-planning-communication-and-advocacy-2017
This document proposes a simple step-wise process for planning communication and advocacy for a new vaccine introduction. It includes suggested activities for four key stakeholder groups:
- health care workers
Planning a detailed communication and advocacy strategy will help you:
- ensure stakeholder groups have a consistent knowledge of the facts and messages
- avoid or limit misperceptions
- be prepared for vaccine safety events
- facilitate high uptake of the new vaccine
- build resilience against vaccine safety scares.
Use the document for guidance and inspiration when introducing a new vaccine. Use it early in the process, as communication needs to be planned and initiated well in advance of the introduction date.
Edited by Admin