By Alma S.R.
Health Literacy Online: A Guide for Simplifying the User ExperienceSource: Office of Diseaes Prevention and Health Promotion
This research-based guide will help you develop intuitive health websites and digital tools that can be easily accessed and understood by all users — including the millions of users who struggle to find, process, and use online health information.
Foreword by Dr. Karen B. DeSalvo, MD, MPH, MSc
About Health Literacy Online: 2nd Edition
- Section 1. What We Know About Users with Limited Literacy Skills
- Section 2. Write Actionable Content
- Section 3. Display Content Clearly on the Page
- Section 4. Organize Content and Simplify Navigation
- Section 5. Engage Users
- Section 6. Test Your Site with Users with Limited Literacy Skills
- Health Literacy Online Strategies Checklist