Measuring vaccine hesitancy: Field testing the WHO SAGE Working Group on Vaccine Hesitancy survey tool in Guatemala
• The Vaccine Hesitancy Survey (VHS) was field tested in urban and rural Guatemala.
• Vaccine shortages and access in LMICs are important structural issues to consider.
• Participants had difficulty understanding and using the Likert scale format.
• Factor analysis showed a two-factor structure within the VHS Likert scale items.
• More work is needed to refine this survey for improved global utility.