Communication for Investigation of Serious AEFIs
This is a UNICEF and WHO joint guide for Communication for Investigation of Serious AEFIs.
- Why focus on communication?
- Communicating during the investigation of Serious AEFIs
- PRIOR TO REPORTS OF SERIOUS AEFIS
- AFTER REPORTS AND BEFORE THE INVESTIGATION OF SERIOUS AEFIS
- DURING THE INVESTIGATION OF SERIOUS AEFIS
- AFTER THE INVESTIGATION OF SERIOUS AEFIS
- Finding 1. The event is definitively not related to immunization (coincidental with only temporal association)
- Finding 2. The event is related to the operational aspects of immunization
- Finding 3. The event is related to inherent qualities of the vaccine and has occurred within the expected frequency range.
- Finding 4. The event is related to defects in the vaccine quality.
- Finding 5. The cause of the event is unknown or the results are inconclusive
- COMMUNICATION EVALUATION
- Communicating with the media
- GUIDING PRINCIPLES IN DEALING WITH THE MEDIA
- KEY MESSAGES
- NEWS RELEASE
- NEWS CONFERENCE
- NEWS INTERVIEW